Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A Story of Impossible Healing


Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Well this was a mood. Serious content and beautiful, moving art (and characters). So much tragedy in these characters and their connections, and a story that definitely makes me think. I like to think that I’m not a person who immediately judges a relationship/connection between a suicidal girl and a death-row inmate who killed three people, but of course I’m a little apprehensive. However, through their connection, I’m able to come to the conclusion that everyone you meet can affect you, no matter what or where they come from. Some of my favorite quotes;

"If you pardon the things that unfortunate people do, then what of the people killed by his selfish acts? And the people who say he should be the one killed?" ~ --Juri

The question I immediately thought of as I went through this story. What of the people who say he should be the one killed? I don’t know if they’re better or worse. And if you do forgive, then what did the deceased even mean?

"You said that the hours of every day are trash. However, that is the way someone lucky enough to welcome the next day thinks." 
~ Aunt Monica

I love anything that humbles me. Something that makes me stop and appreciate all of the things I take for granted; water, food, roof, clothes, school, work. The things that make me happy and even the things that stress me out. If it weren’t for working full time during school, I wouldn’t have school, my car and any of the things I’ve acquired for use in my life. If it weren’t for the friends and family that mildly irritate me every once in awhile, I wouldn’t have people worth being connected to and irritated by. I have so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hetalia

I actually remember seeing this in middle school. I remember not really liking it then, but everyone else was laughing at it, so...